Re: st: comment out a number of lines together

From   "Sergiy Radyakin" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: comment out a number of lines together
Date   Thu, 2 Oct 2008 15:38:16 -0400

This is not because of fovalues or foreach. See help comments:
"However, if the // indicator is at the end of a line, it must be
preceded by one or more blanks."

This is quite a unique requirement of Stata. I can't come up with any
other system which would demand anything like that. Adding a space in
the beginning of every line should not change the program, but in this
case in does (and helps to fix the error).

The fact that it works when the delimiter is CR is hence inconsistent
with the documented behavior.

Best regards, Sergiy Radyakin