Re: st: how to open very large txt files (>6G)

From   Marc Pelath <>
To   "''" <>
Subject   Re: st: how to open very large txt files (>6G)
Date   Wed, 1 Oct 2008 09:44:42 -0500

I thought I should mention LTFViewer.  There's no learning curve, it has a GUI, and so it's great if you just want to look at the file.

Marc Pelath

Dear Statalisters,

I need to check if the data looks OK - the data should be delimited by
pipe (|) so I want to check if there is any double quote in the data
before I read it into Stata.  The data is in txt format.  I wonder
which are text editors would allow me to open that up.  All
suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks a lot in advance.