Re: st: how to open very large txt files (>6G)

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: how to open very large txt files (>6G)
Date   Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:01:07 -0500

In addition to other suggestions, check out -hexdump-.

-hexdump- for many problems goes hand in hand with -filefilter-.

Ada Ma wrote:

I need to check if the data looks OK - the data should be delimited by
pipe (|) so I want to check if there is any double quote in the data
before I read it into Stata.  The data is in txt format.  I wonder
which are text editors would allow me to open that up.  All
suggestions are welcomed.