Re: st: RE: do-files as programs

Subject   Re: st: RE: do-files as programs
Date   Fri, 26 Sep 2008 08:39:10 -0400

Philippe--
I often define -program-s and even put them in .ado files just to run
series of commands, e.g. for data manipulations. I have even told
people I work with, and students, to put anything that might need to
be used more than 3 times in a -program- (the real optimal rule would
be much more complex). To be safe in naming such programs, one merely
has to avoid common words, and use -which- to make sure names are not
already in use.  But if I am calling the program from
dagumfit_analysis_2008.do, I might name the program file
dagumfit_analysis_2008_manipulations.ado for ease of tracking.