RE: st: Find all subsets of variables

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Find all subsets of variables
Date   Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:34:11 -0700

I think the same problem exists - you get a billion line output (with 50
vars and subset size of 10).  I think SAS had something like this, but
displayed only the 'best' one.

This suggests to me a) know a lot about your data before doing this; b)
look for small subsets; or c) use some sort of stepwise (and penalized)
procedure (AIC or BIC or Mallows' Cp).

We're talking the art of statistical analysis now.

Tony

Peter A. Lachenbruch
Department of Public Health
Oregon State University