st: RE: x11 and X-stata version 10

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: x11 and X-stata version 10
Date   Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:37:20 +0200

Hard to diagnose from afar, I would say. Contacting Stata Technical Services
is probably the way forward...

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Reed Walker
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:47 AM
Subject: st: x11 and X-stata version 10

I have been using xstata on my unix cluster via my mac (and x11 x-
windows environment) for the past few years. Randomly in the past
week, the results window has been displaying strange ascii characters
instead of the normal results text. I have no idea how this happened,
and I have not been able to fix the problem.

I can cut and paste from the window, and the text is fine, but
actually viewing the output results on the "result window" is
impossible. I have logged into other unix clusters and it seems to
work fine. Lastly, no other users are experiencing these problems
(even with the same hardware/software configuration).

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Mac Powerbook OS 10.5.5
X Quartz Version 2.3.1 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple17)