st: alternative to do with nostop option

From   kokootchke <>
To   <>
Subject   st: alternative to do with nostop option
Date   Mon, 22 Sep 2008 16:02:47 -0400

Hello, guys. I don't have this problem right now but have always wanted to ask this. Is there a way to tell Stata to continue running a do file even if *SOME* of the commands would give an "error"?

I know that in general I could use -do myfile, nostop- and then Stata won't stop at all if it finds an error. But I don't like this because I'd actually like it to stop if there's an actual error... but if I say something like -drop x- and x doesn't exist, I don't really think of it as an error, so I'd like it to keep going ONLY IN THIS CASE.

Is there something that would make this happen? Or am I asking for too much here?

Thanks a lot.