st: List of ALL Commands

From   Svend Juul <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   st: List of ALL Commands
Date   Fri, 19 Sep 2008 09:04:17 +0200

Raphael wrote:

I was asked an unexpected question by my students some time ago:
Is there a way of finding out what commands are available in Stata? My
first response was
"read the manual!" but then I remembered most of the students don't
even have the manual.
Any ideas?

In the Stata bookstore you can see the commands described in,
e.g., the base reference manuals at

I believe that this applies to all manuals. At least the list of
commands is impressive, but I doubt whether it is very useful

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000  Aarhus C, Denmark
Phone:  +45 8942 6090