Statalist

st: Imputing values for an Index

From   John Ataguba <johnataguba@yahoo.co.uk>
To   Statalist statalist mailing <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: Imputing values for an Index
Date   Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:26:45 +0000 (GMT)

Dear members,

I am implementing the -pca- command to generate an index of socioeconomic status.  Stata will not provide values for any observation that is missing in any variable when you use the -predict, score- after the -pca- command.

I decided to use the -impute- command to fill in the missing values of the index.  Noting particularly that the missing values are not much and could be assumed to be random.

My problem is that I need a valid reference to backup the process or to see if there is a more neater way to get around this.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Regards

Jon