Re: st: detectable alternative/effect size;

From   Steven Samuels <>
Subject   Re: st: detectable alternative/effect size;
Date   Tue, 16 Sep 2008 16:34:02 -0400

Elliot, Power depends on the values of the two probabilities being compared. You will need to specify at least one of the them (most conveniently the smaller- use the RR to compute the second one). The following gives sample sizes for pairs of probabilities, all with RR = 2.00

sampsi .1 .2, pow(.9)
sampsi .3 .6, pow(.9)
sampsi .01 .02, pow(.9)