Re: st: Principal component analysis (PCA)

From   Ronan Conroy <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: st: Principal component analysis (PCA)
Date   Mon, 15 Sep 2008 11:09:10 +0100

On 15 Sep 2008, at 10:29, Diddy Antai wrote:

Hell All,
       Could someone be so kind as to give me the step-by-step
commands on how to do Principal component analysis (PCA). I am pretty
new at stata, so be gentle with me!

Have you tried reading Stata's manuals?

Your question as it stands is a little general. If there are specific problems you have in performing or interpreting a PCA analysis, members of the list may be willing to help. At present, though, working through the examples in the manual would seem like the best start.

Ronan Conroy
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
Epidemiology Department,
Beaux Lane House, Dublin 2, Ireland
+353 (0)1 402 2431
+353 (0)87 799 97 95
+353 (0)1 402 2764 (Fax - remember them?)

P Before printing, think about the environment

* For searches and help try: