st: RE: sorting with a key

From   "Martin Weiss" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: sorting with a key
Date   Fri, 12 Sep 2008 11:24:06 +0200

Just as an aside, -h sortrows- at the bottom says: "This is a similar
command to Nicholas Cox's sortrows". I think that should be -rowsort-...

-----Original Message-----
[] On Behalf Of Ashim Kapoor
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 11:01 AM
Subject: st: sorting with a key

Hi again guys!

I wish to say 2 things. The ado file which I posted earlier is much
faster than looping manually in stata.

Also the original sortrows has some checks and balances which I
removed to clarify the main programming goal in my mind plus I only
started doing MATA yesterday.

I want to make one improvement. Sortrows allows me to say

I want to say keysortrows(var*), key(k*)

How can I make this improvement ? Please give me a hint.

Thank you,