Re: st: MIME-Version: 1.0

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: MIME-Version: 1.0
Date   Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:14:57 -0500

At 04:53 PM 9/11/2008, Ashim Kapoor wrote:
Hello everyone!

I get the following error when I do sortrows on my home computer.

. sortrows(a1 a2) , replace
(sort() in lmatabase, compiled by Stata 10.1, is too new to be run by
this version of Stata and so was ignored)
            _sortrower():  3499  sort() not found
                 <istmt>:     -  function returned error

What does this error mean? Could someone tell me how to fix it ?

Thank you,
My first guess is that you need to update your version of Stata. From within Stata, type

update all

Make sure you also do -update swap- if Stata tells you to.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu

* For searches and help try: