Re: st: RE: marksample

From   "Ashim Kapoor" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: marksample
Date   Thu, 11 Sep 2008 18:00:33 +0530

Hello Nick

I believe sorting by a key simply amounts to the following:-

Consider row1 and row2 of a matrix. Now sort the matrix accordiing to
row1 which is your key. and we are done! sortrows works by sorting the
ONE and only row. All I need to do is add another key row and sort by
that row.

Am I wrong ?

I am reading mark from the programming manual. I get the idea of
st_views. I do not understand what the idea behind mark is. Why is
this variable named in a funny way like __0000 ? Is this 0 / 1 in each
row depending on some criteria ? What is that criteria?

Thank you,
Ashim.