st: pweight or fweight?

From   Andrea Bennett <>
Subject   st: pweight or fweight?
Date   Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:16:51 +0200

Dear all,

I'm getting a little confused with the weight options. I've constructed the following weight: A / B=weight, with A==share in true population and B==share in sample. These weights refer to U.S. states while the observations are single individuals.

Which weight option should I use in the regress command? I think it should be the -pweight- but since I've never worked with weights before, I thought I ask!

Many thanks for your considerations,

* For searches and help try: