st: Pweight and oneway ANOVA

From   Tam Lin <>
Subject   st: Pweight and oneway ANOVA
Date   Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:21:45 +0000 (GMT)

I am using survey data with probability weights.  I want to see if there is a significant difference in age (continuous variable) across nine different ethnic groups (categorical variable).  A one-way ANOVA would seem to be the appropriate test here.

However, STATA 9 is too clever for me and gives me an error message when I try to run a one-way ANOVA with pweight.

Here is the syntax if it helps to clarify:

oneway rage ethnicity4 if subpop6==1 [pweight=wtfinds], tabulate scheffe

(my subpopulation is restricting this test to only those aged 55 or over)

My question is, why is there an error and is there a way to run this test with pweights?

Thank you.