st: re: axis titles for multiple y axes

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: re: axis titles for multiple y axes
Date   Sun, 31 Aug 2008 03:46:27 -0400

< >
Mark said
On a twoway graph with two y axes, I cannot make the axis title appear for
the second y axis.

graph twoway (scatter length displacement, ytitle(" ",axis(1) suffix)) ///
(scatter weight displacement, yaxis(2) ytitle(" ",axis(2) suffix)), ///
by(foreign, iytitles style(combine))

will do it. If you use the default bystyle, this combination of options works, but leaves you with a second yti() which I cannot figure out how to suppress.

* For searches and help try: