Re: st: update seqlogit available

From   "Joao Ricardo F. Lima" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: update seqlogit available
Date   Sat, 30 Aug 2008 13:00:11 -0300

Dear Maarten,

could you please send me some references of papers that applied this
kind of model (seqlogit). It�s very interesting, gave me some ideas,
but I want to read some articles to understand it better.

Thanks a lot,

Joao Lima

2008/8/29 Maarten buis <[email protected]>:
> Thanks to Kit Baum an update of the -seqlogit- package is now available
> on SSC. The main change is that in this update I simplified the syntax
> of the -seqlogitdecomp- command.
>
> seqlogit fits a sequential logit model. This model estimates the
> effect of the explanatory variables on the probabilities of
> passing a set of transitions. For example, given a highest
> achieved level of education the researcher studies the effect of
> socio-economic status on the probabilities of passing the
> different transitions between levels of education. The user can
> specify any decision tree as long as each level of the dependent
> variable (e.g. level of education) can be reached through one and
> only one sequence of transitions. If these levels have values
> (e.g. years of education) than this model also implies an effect
> of the explanatory variable on the highest achieved level. The
> program seqlogitdecomp, which is part of the seqlogit package,
> displays a graph that decomposes this effect on the highest
> achieved level into parts that measure the effect on the
> probabilities of passing the transitions and the importance of
> each transition.
>
> -- Maarten

> Maarten L. Buis
> Department of Social Research Methodology
> Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
> Boelelaan 1081
> 1081 HV Amsterdam
> The Netherlands
>
> visiting address:
> Buitenveldertselaan 3 (Metropolitan), room Z434
>
> +31 20 5986715
>
> http://home.fsw.vu.nl/m.buis/

Joao Ricardo Lima
Professor