st: RE: re: restoring dataset

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: re: restoring dataset
Date   Fri, 29 Aug 2008 13:31:58 +0100

In addition to Kit's comment, and no doubt others to come, do note that
we cycled round related issues in the thread started earlier this week
by Shehzad Ali

Kit Baum

Choudry said:

I have a question. After using the command "keep" or "drop" and running
an analysis, how can i ask stata to use all the data again. The problem
starts when I run command e.g. for a subset of years and later I want to
run command on whole years in the same do file again.

He answered half of his question: he wants to use the -restore-
command. But before doing that he must have the foresight to use -

sysuse auto
keep if foreign

etc.  Admittedly a silly example, as one could just summarize if
foreign, but illustrative.

-help preserve-