st: Endogenous truncated variable

From   "[iso-8859-1] José Ignacio Antón" <>
Subject   st: Endogenous truncated variable
Date   Fri, 29 Aug 2008 00:12:59 +0200

Dear Stata users,

I want to estimate a model where I have a truncated endogenous variable
(remittances, which is 0 for 90% of households). I want to instrument this
variable (possible two way causality and other problems) and I would like to
know if 2SLS can be appropriate. The dependent variable is continuous.

I think some variations of this question have been posted before, but there
were very different opinions. I will appreciate an answer since it is a
question of a dissertation I must submit in the next days.

Thank you very much,

José Ignacio Antón

__________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas
de virus 3341 (20080808) __________

ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.