SV: st: Time of day

From   <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   SV: st: Time of day
Date   Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:14:13 +0200

Marc, thanks a lot! That works like a charm.

Best wishes,
Alexander

-----Opprinnelig melding-----
Fra: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] P� vegne av Marc N. Sch�ssler
Sendt: 28. august 2008 14:58
Til: [email protected]
Emne: Re: st: Time of day

Hi Alexander,
i suggest you to get a numeric date based on milliseconds and then grap with the time of day- funktion the needed component, here hours (type "help date" and there see "extracting date and time components").

gen double timevar = clock(result_date,  "DMYhms") gen hourvar = hh(timevar)

you might want to keep your new timevar, then bring it with format timevar %tc to a more readable format.

hope this helpes you
Marc