st: RE: How to tell with transformation is better?

From   "Shehzad Ali" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: How to tell with transformation is better?
Date   Thu, 28 Aug 2008 13:48:25 +0100

I think what you are asking is which transformation fits your dependent
variable best. If you want to check how different transformations of your
dependent variable look against the normal distribution, then you might want
to try -gladder-. You may also want to check whether transforming any of the
independent variables is a good idea. But you will have to be careful about
interpreting your results after these transformations.

HTH,

Shehzad

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of wangxin
Sent: 28 August 2008 03:03
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: How to tell with transformation is better?

Hi, all:

I have a linear regression model which is not very
good since the R-square is very low.I test the
Log-transformed dependent also, which turns to be not
good also. I am wondering is there a way in Stata to
test which transformation for variable is better?
Any advice is appreciated.

-Xin

Internal Virus Database is out of date.