st: generating houshold size

From   Leonie Fresenius <>
Subject   st: generating houshold size
Date   Thu, 28 Aug 2008 08:25:44 +0200

Dear all,
I have a problem that I don't get my mind around even though it is probablly not even complicated.

What I want to generate is household income weighted by the number of persons in the household, but I don't have a variable 'household size' included in my dataset. What I have is information on each houshold member from a household grid. This means I have a seperate variable for each household member.

My question is, therefore, if there is a stata command to sum up the number of household members over these variables?

Thanks for any suggestions!
* For searches and help try: