Re: st: Formatting local variables

From   Maarten buis <>
Subject   Re: st: Formatting local variables
Date   Thu, 28 Aug 2008 07:25:17 +0100 (BST)

--- Ashim Kapoor <> wrote:
> I meant a local variable.

In Stata there exists no such thing as a local variable. There are
macros which can be local or global (described in -help macro-), and
usually refered to as locals and globals though I assume that their
full name is local macro and global macro. There are also temporary
variables, which are described in -help tempvar-.

So I repeat my question, which one do you mean?

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
Boelelaan 1081