Re: st: xtlogit multilevel modelling question

From   Jeph Herrin <>
Subject   Re: st: xtlogit multilevel modelling question
Date   Wed, 27 Aug 2008 14:35:48 -0400

You don't say what version of Stata you are using, but if
it is version 10 you should use -xtmelogit-. This will
take care of the level 2 variables.

For a cross-level interaction, just create the interaction
variable directly and include in the -xtmelogit- model.

Hope this helps,

Nisha Kapoor wrote:

I am a new user of stata and am trying to use the xtlogit command for multilevel modelling of a binary dependant variable. Is it possible to include level 2 characterisitcs in the model (in my case level 2 is the neighbourhood and it is neighbourhood characteristics I wish to include also), and is there a facility for including interactions between levels 1 and 2?

Any thoughts/ comments on this would be much appreciated.