st: proc mixed translation

From   James Valcour <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: proc mixed translation
Date   Tue, 19 Aug 2008 18:04:24 -0400

I've been trying to convert the following SAS code to Stata. The experiment involved a latin square design as follows: for each sex(M/F) 5 squares were set up with 3 rats/square and 3 periods/square (treatments random allocated to each cell). The outcome was measured in triplicate for each cell of the square.

proc mixed noitprint noclprint covtest cl method=reml;
class square trt rat period sex;
model resp = trt sex trt*sex / outp=new;
random square(sex) rat(square sex) period period*trt*square(rat);
run;

I've been trying to run this through -xtmixed- but I'm not sure if it can handle how the analysis has been specified. I'm particularly stumped over how the syntax for the "period*trt*square(rat)" random effect would be specified.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~