st: Re: name of day of week

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "Markus Klemusch" <>
Subject   st: Re: name of day of week
Date   Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:24:37 -0400

No, tsmktim is not the answer. But there is a dow() function:

sysuse sp500,clear
g dayofweek = dow(date)
forv i=0/6 {
	local w: word `=`i'+1' of `c(Weekdays)'
	local wd "`wd' `i' `w'"
label def dow `wd'
label val dayofweek dow
l date dayofweek in 1/20

On Aug 19, 2008, at 9:33 AM, Markus Klemusch wrote:

Dear Mr. Baum,

I am a german student and I need to know some information about stata because I am using it now to make some calculations for my thesis.

I am searching something in stata giving me the opportunity to create something like calendar days, I mean Monday etc. I already know how to use month(), day() and year(), but I have to identify the name of the day. So, are you aware of any possibilities to do so in stata? Is the stata module mentioned above in the headline a solution to this problem?

Best regards

Markus Klemusch

Ideal für Modem und ISDN: