Re: st: How to make Crimson match local macro delimiters in Stata

From   "Gabi Huiber" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: How to make Crimson match local macro delimiters in Stata
Date   Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:17:55 -0400

I made some progress. I think Crimson's inner workings only allow for
three $PAIR variables to be defined. Commenting out $PAIR2=[] and
replacing it with $PAIR2=`' in stata.spc will make Crimson match the
`' pair just fine.

So it looks like one would have to make a choice. The odds of
forgetting an apostrophe in "`tempfile`i''" being better than those of
forgetting a bracket in matrix[`i',`j'], I think using up $PAIR2 for
`' instead of [] would be sensible. Still, I wish the limitation
didn't exist.

Has anybody tested Crimson against some alternative and picked the latter?

Gabi