st: Convolution method in stata

From   German Muchnik Izon <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Convolution method in stata
Date   Tue, 19 Aug 2008 08:44:27 -0600

Hi all,

I am currently working on a survey in which participants
were asked whether they are willing to pay (WTP)  $X for
either good A or good B. Since good A is inclusive of good
B, I am trying to run a scope test in which the null
hypothesis is that the mean WTP distribution of the less
inclusive good (i.e. good B) is not statistically
different from the mean WTP distribution of the more
inclusive good (i.e. good A). I am trying to the test this
hypothesis by applying the convolution approach in stata
and see if this difference is significantly difference
from 0 at a 10% confidence level. I was able to compute
the 95% confidence intervals for the E(WTP) of each good
using the wtpcikr command, but I do not know how to run
the convolution method in stata. I would really appreciate
if you can help.

Thank you!

German.

Germ�n M. Iz�n