From   "Steven Proud" <steven_proud@hotmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   Re: st:matrices(in saved results post regression)not found
Date   Tue, 19 Aug 2008 15:37:29 +0100

Try this reg y x1 x2
matrix b=e(b)
svmat b, names(reg)

matrix V=e(V)
svmat V, names(variance)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Man Jia" <jia.m@neu.edu>
To: <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 3:30 PM
Subject: st:matrices(in saved results post regression)not found

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a simple question of matrices in saved results after regression.

When I do the following command , it works well:
. reg y x1 x2
.matrix list e(b)
.matrix list e(V)

But then when I try to change the matrices into variables, like
.svmat e(b),names(reg)
or .svmat e(V),names(variance)

stata shows matrix e(b) not found
r(111);
matrix e(V) not found
r(111);
I know I must have lost something very basic here. Could anyone give me some hint why matrices e(b) and e(V) are listed well in the beginning but then they are not found?
Thanks for your time!

Mandy Jia

*
* For searches and help try: