st:matrices(in saved results post regression)not found

From   Man Jia <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st:matrices(in saved results post regression)not found
Date   Tue, 19 Aug 2008 10:30:08 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a simple question of
matrices in saved results after regression.

When I do the following command , it works well:
. reg y x1 x2
.matrix list e(b)
.matrix list e(V)

But then when I try to change the matrices into variables, like
.svmat e(b),names(reg)
or
.svmat e(V),names(variance)

stata shows
matrix e(b) not found
r(111);
matrix e(V) not found
r(111);
I know I must have lost something very basic here. Could anyone give me
some hint why matrices e(b) and e(V) are listed well in the beginning
but then they are not found?

Thanks for your time!

Mandy Jia