Re: st: Two-Way Fixed Effect Estimation

From   "Augusto Cadenas" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Two-Way Fixed Effect Estimation
Date   Mon, 18 Aug 2008 18:47:27 +0200

I agree with Maarten, there's nothing magical about time. Besides, if
your worry is about the degrees of freedom lost (as emerges from your
email), methinks that -xtreg, fe- adjusts for them anyway. Just try
-xtreg,fe- with either -xi: xtreg ... i.year, fe i(sector)- or -xi:
xtreg ... i.sector, fe i(year)- and you should get the same. Same for
-areg, a()-.