Re: st: Multicollinearity and Orthogonalization

From   Steven Samuels <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Multicollinearity and Orthogonalization
Date   Sat, 16 Aug 2008 17:23:54 -0400

-orthog- will orthogonalize x1*x2 to x1 & x2. But I agree with Maarten--why would one want to? The orthogonalized version of x1*x2 would be a complicated function of the original variables and so lose any interpretability.

-Steve