st:save codebook results in word/txt file

From   Man Jia <>
Subject   st:save codebook results in word/txt file
Date   Thu, 14 Aug 2008 11:35:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a simple question how to
save the result of codebook command in a word or txt document.

That is, I use the command --codebook--to get the codebook for all the
variables. I like to save the result in a word document. I know I could
copy and past from the result window. But for a large data set this
takes long time. So I was wondering if there's simple way to do
this,like--outreg--for --reg--result.

Mandy jia