Re: st: Stata 10.1

To   [email protected], <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 10.1
Date   Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:13:13 -0500

At 11:57 AM 8/13/2008, Nick Cox wrote:
I have mentioned it in another thread, but this deserves separate
flagging: Stata 10.1 is now available for download by those with Stata
10. Use -update-.

Among various new features I am particularly pleased to welcome -- at
long last -- a clutch of random-number functions!
Skimming through it, it looks like there is some good stuff. The main thing I dislike is that some functions are being renamed and the old names are now undocumented (and some old names are unsupported except under version control.) Old habits tend to be hard to break, plus it can drive me nuts looking at old code and trying to figure out what a now-undocumented function is doing.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: [email protected]
WWW: http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam