Re: st: Stata 10 files in Stata 9

From   Svend Juul <SJ@SOCI.AU.DK>
To   <>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 10 files in Stata 9
Date   Wed, 13 Aug 2008 22:08:09 +0200

Lola wrote:
Is there any way to open a file that was saved in Stata10,
on a computer that only has Stata9 installed on it?
When I try I get error message r(610), that the file is
not in Stata format (it is saved in Stata10).
Rafal pointed to:
   help saveold
but that command does not help Lola directly. She must find
someone with a computer with Stata 10 installed, and on that
   use dataset_10.dta
   saveold dataset_9.dta
Hope this helps
(In Stata 8 and 9 -saveold- saves a dataset in Stata 7 format.
I think things would be more transparent if these commands had
the names -save7- and -save8-).
Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000 Aarhus C,  Denmark