Re: st: Stata 10 files in Stata 9

From   Svend Juul <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: st: Stata 10 files in Stata 9
Date   Wed, 13 Aug 2008 22:08:09 +0200

Lola wrote:

Is there any way to open a file that was saved in Stata10,
on a computer that only has Stata9 installed on it?
When I try I get error message r(610), that the file is
not in Stata format (it is saved in Stata10).

Rafal pointed to:

   help saveold

but that command does not help Lola directly. She must find
someone with a computer with Stata 10 installed, and on that
computer:

   use dataset_10.dta
   saveold dataset_9.dta

Hope this helps
Svend

---

(In Stata 8 and 9 -saveold- saves a dataset in Stata 7 format.
I think things would be more transparent if these commands had
the names -save7- and -save8-).

Svend Juul
Vennelyst Boulevard 6
DK-8000 Aarhus C,  Denmark