RE: st: Graph bar with stack

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Graph bar with stack
Date   Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:43:13 +0100

Note that the FAQ is out of date, as we now have Stata 10.1!

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Nick Cox
Sent: 13 August 2008 16:58
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: Graph bar with stack

No. The Graph Editor was introduced in Stata 10.

Reminder from FAQ:

<http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/res/statalist.html#stata>

"The current version of Stata is 10. Please specify if you are using an
earlier version; otherwise, the answer to your question is likely to
refer to commands or features unavailable to you."

Shehzad Ali

Thanks, Scott. Can this be done in Stata version 9?

Scott Merryman

You could use the Graph Editor to add the mean values.

On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 12:02 PM, Shehzad Ali <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have two groups of people, call them
> u0 and u1. I want to plot the percentage contribution of different
types
of
> expenditure (food, clothes, travel etc.) that adds up to their annual
> expenditure. I am using bar graph with stack option to display the
> percentage contributed by type of expenditure, call them x1 x2 .. xn.
But
> besides percentage contribution I also want stata to display mean
values
of