Re: st: tobit?

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: tobit?
Date   Wed, 13 Aug 2008 09:30:25 -0500

On 8/12/08, Kieran McCaul <[email protected]> wrote:
> Since BMI is weight divided by height squared, why not regress weight on
> SES while adjusting for height squared?

BMI is a measure of interest per se, and I would probably more likely
be interested how a particular behavior affects BMI rather than how it
affects weight -- that's the interpretation of the regression
coefficient if weight is used as the dependent variable. At any rate,
if anything, weight is going to be even more skewed than BMI, so the
original problem of controling for non-normality is even more
accentuated.