st: Graph bar with stack

From   "Shehzad Ali" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Graph bar with stack
Date   Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:02:49 +0100

Hi,

This is probably a simple question. I have two groups of people, call them
u0 and u1. I want to plot the percentage contribution of different types of
expenditure (food, clothes, travel etc.) that adds up to their annual
expenditure. I am using bar graph with stack option to display the
percentage contributed by type of expenditure, call them x1 x2 .. xn. But
besides percentage contribution I also want stata to display mean values of
each type of expenditure for each group.

Here is the code I am using:

graph bar x1 x2 ... xn, over(u) percentages stack

How can I display mean of each x on the graph?

Thank you,

Shehzad