From   jverkuilen <jverkuilen@gc.cuny.edu>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   RE: st: Variance decomposition
Date   Fri, 8 Aug 2008 16:14:29 -0400

-xtmixed- in all likelihood, or -gllamm-.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Inés Rodríguez" <irodriguez@udesa.edu.ar>
To: statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Sent: 8/8/2008 3:54 PM
Subject: st: Variance decomposition

Statalisters,

I need to run a "Variance Decomposition Analysis" (cov) over an unbalanced
panel.
My goal is to determine the extent of 4 differents effects on a result
variable. I want to explain the sources of variation in the result
variable.

I know that it can be done by the mixed procedure in SAS. I´d like to get
it in STATA.

Thanks,