Re: st: RE: Functions in Stata

From   Richard Williams <>
To, <>
Subject   Re: st: RE: Functions in Stata
Date   Fri, 08 Aug 2008 14:14:44 -0500

At 12:30 PM 8/8/2008, Nick Cox wrote:
This was the exchange Sergiy refers to.

I don't think that users can produce beasts like e(sample). My guess is
that StataCorp are using unpublicised hooks to do that.

What other functions are there beside e(sample)? I always got the impression that e(sample) was really more like a hidden variable than a function, i.e. the variable is coded 1 if the case was in the estimation sample and 0 otherwise.

Bill Gould discussed this in

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu