RE: st: RE: How to 'predict' residual by region? Seasonal adjustment?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: How to 'predict' residual by region? Seasonal adjustment?
Date   Fri, 8 Aug 2008 18:35:03 +0100

This is going round in circles!

Kieran showed how to get just one residual variable.

Galina An

Thank you very much, Ricardo, it works well!
Though it generates several residual variables, which I can collapse
into 1 afterwards.

Joao Ricardo F. Lima wrote:

> how about:
>
> ************************begin example**********************
> sysuse auto, clear
> recode rep78 1/2= 3
> tab rep78 , gen(rep)
>
> gen constant = .
> levelsof rep78, local(levels)
> foreach levl of local levels {
>        reg mpg rep1 rep2 trunk if rep78 == `levl'
>        replace constant=_b[_cons] if rep78 == `levl'
>        predict x`levl', resid
> }
> **************end example************************************
>

> 2008/8/7 Galina An <[email protected]>:
>
>> Great! Thank you very much, Kieran!

>> Kieran McCaul wrote:
>>
>>> You need modify the code that Richard suggested earlier.
>>>

>>> gen r == .
>>> levelsof region_code, local(levels)
>>> foreach levl of local levels {
>>>        reg migration t4 t2 t3 if region_code == `levl'
>>>        predict x, resid
>>>        replace r = x if region_code == `levl'
>>>        drop x
>>> }

>>> [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Galina An