Re: st: odbc load query

From   Nick Winter <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: odbc load query
Date   Fri, 08 Aug 2008 12:56:53 -0400

I just ran into this very problem last week, and found a solution in the Statalist Archives from last July.

The bottom line is to try adding the "noquote" option to your odbc load command.

Here's the old posting:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2008-07/msg00698.html

Stata developers: would it be useful to add reference to this problem in the online help for odbc, and/or to suggest the -noquote- option as a possible fix for r(682)?

-- Nick Winter

Murali Kuchibhotla wrote:

Hello,
I am having problems trying to connect to my odbc dsn. When I try to load an excel spreadsheet through the odbc, I obtain the following message:

set debug on

odbc load , table("07-01-08") dsn("dailysnap_2008")
Connection Parameters (IN): DSN=dailysnap_2008;
Connection Parameters (OUT): DSN=dailysnap_2008;

r(682);

I have the driver for dailysnap_2008 correctly identified. Also, r(682) suggests that I might have insufficient permission to connect to the datasource, which is not the case here. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Murali Kuchibhotla

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?search
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/
Nicholas Winter                                 434.924.6994 t
Assistant Professor                             434.924.3359 f
Department of Politics                  [email protected] e
University of Virginia          faculty.virginia.edu/nwinter w
PO Box 400787, 100 Cabell Hall
Charlottesville, VA 22904