st: RE: Linear Regression

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: Linear Regression
Date   Fri, 8 Aug 2008 14:39:23 +0100

I am not clear what your question is precisely.

But if you want to -regress- on something and its square, you need to
-generate- the square as a new variable before you can do it, unless it
exists already.

I am not clear what you mean by "efficient", but I don't think there is
another way to do it.

Meric Osman

I have a problem about writing my regression equation. I want to add
the variable and its square at the same time. Such as

y = a + a^2 + ...

Actually, I can do it by generating a new variable which is a*a, but I
don't wanna do that because it is not an efficient way.