Re: st: Using foreach and two local macros

From   "Stas Kolenikov" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Using foreach and two local macros
Date   Wed, 6 Aug 2008 23:48:31 -0500

forvalues k = 1/2 {
   local t1 : word `k' of `test1'
   local t2 : word `k' of `test2'
   di `t1' + 2*`t1' + `t2'*`t2'
}
// or whatever it is that you wanted to compute

Those things are called extended functions in Stata jargon, and are
extremely powerful at times. They are gems whose functionality is
described technically in the manuals, but it takes a few examples to
really start appreciating them.