Re: st: RE: IV and quantile regression

Subject   Re: st: RE: IV and quantile regression
Date   Wed, 6 Aug 2008 10:45:31 -0400

Matteo Cominetta and
Sachin Chintawar <[email protected]>:

Usually this naive approach (sticking in a predicted value for the
endog var) gives biased and inconsistent estimates (e.g. when applied
to -probit- or -poisson- or -glm- or what have you).  I believe that
some work has been done on an IV version of quantile regression, but
there is no Stata command that I know of, and there is no consensus in
the literature that I am familiar with on how it should be
implemented. So I don't think it is possible in Stata as of today, but
I would be happy to be proved wrong.