Re: st: Confirming paths and/or whether shell executed OK

From   "Austin Nichols" <>
Subject   Re: st: Confirming paths and/or whether shell executed OK
Date   Tue, 5 Aug 2008 11:30:44 -0400

You may also want to use -file- to write a file to the path to make
sure that Stata can write there, and issue appropriate error messages
if that fails. You could use -tempfile- to pick a relatively safe file
name with path prepended and strip out `c(tmpdir)' to get a file name
only.  Or maybe you do something like this already?  I'm afraid I
haven't looked at the -stcmd- package...