Re: st: testing for the validity of instruments in probit model estimated via ML

Subject   Re: st: testing for the validity of instruments in probit model estimated via ML
Date   Tue, 5 Aug 2008 11:38:52 -0400

Alejandro--
I think you would want to report the output from a linear probability
model estimated with -ivreg2- alongside your -ivprobit- output (not
-ivtobit- right?) to reassure readers that the instruments pass all
the usual tests for the linear case, even if equivalent tests do not
yet exist for nonlinear models.