st: Re: mvsumm calculation time

From   Kit Baum <>
Subject   st: Re: mvsumm calculation time
Date   Tue, 5 Aug 2008 07:16:34 -0400

< >
mvsumm is written in ado-file code. It probably should be rewritten to take advantage of Mata. Since -mvsumm- was implemented, Stata added the rolling: prefix. It might be faster to use -rolling- (which creates a separate dataset of summary statistics when combined with - summarize-) in this case.