Re: st: a simple panel data question: FE and RE

From   "yjh jsh" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: a simple panel data question: FE and RE
Date   Sat, 2 Aug 2008 08:20:28 -0400

This does helps. thanks
For me, it seems that different "levels" of Y in units are assumed to
be caused by those unobserved time-invariant variables. What if they
are not?

In my hypothetic case, for example, for both unit 1 and 2, we can't
see relationship between x and y if we only consider within-variation.
But this conceals the fact that Y takes higher value in unit 2 when 2
takes higher value in unit 2. That is, we do see a relationship that
higher x causes y. so, if FE a bad choice if we have a large between
variation compared to within variation in the data?

thanks